- Prophecy of Bethlehem – A deeper study on the circumstances of Jesus prophesied birth; this will surprise you and effect you in ways that may prompt you to see and understand and worship God more fully.
- Prophesy of John (the Baptist) –So What? Beyond the apologetics claims that fulfilled prophecy (John the Baptist was the messenger sent to prepare the way for the Messiah) is evidence of the veracity of scripture… what else is there? Isaiah’s prophecy in 40:1-3 contains a breathtaking gust of the Spirit that will encourage you to bow in humble worship this Christmas season!
Prophecy of Jesus – The prophecy of the virgin birth is interpreted and confirmed extensively by the Gospel writers. And in a broader perspective, the prophecies of Jesus’s birth, life, death, resurrection, and return stir deeply in the human soul when examined with a humble heart.
Body Life Series
- BREATHE –We breathe to live. Breathing in what we need, and breathing out what is toxic; we engage in this every moment of our physical lives. Repentance is like breathing. We breathe God’s truth into our souls, and we breathe out the lies and distortions that are toxic to our very being. Today we breathed into our minds… we meditated on worship, courage, and forgiveness. And we breathed out worry, fear, and shame. Come join us and breathe! #bodylifeseries #breathe
- DRINK – Water is a necessity. Water is satisfying. These two realities illustrate in scripture our need for our souls to drink from the living water of the presence of God, and to keep drinking! Are you thirsty? Come and drink of God’s abundant supply in Christ! #bodylifeseries #livingwater
- WALK – This is the third message in our Body-Life series (“Breathe”, “Drink”, and now “Walk”). God uses walking in the Bible as analogous to life. When you think about it, people walk for 3 major reasons. They walk for health. They walk for relationships (taking walks with others). They walk for destination; to move forward toward the purpose of their journey. The ‘steps’ we take in life are the unremarkable choices and decisions we are faced with every day. Where are your ‘steps’ taking you on your journey? How is your “Walk”? #bodylifeseries #walkwithGod
- TASTE – Part 4: God created the physical sense of taste. Eating is about sustenance; tasting is about pleasure. Ps 34:8 commands “Taste and see that the Lord is good…” To those who ‘taste’ God, understanding Him rightly… He is the most pleasing relationship both for now and eternity! #taste348
- SMELL –The historical context of 2 Corinthians 2:14-16 adds a depth and richness that will at the same time convict, encourage, and inspire. If you know Christ then you are His aroma, spreading throughout your world the fragrance of the knowledge of God!
- RUN –People run away in fear. People run along for fitness. People run toward for competition. It is this last reason for running that God uses in his Word to teach us about the finish line in life. In 1 Corinthians 9:24 Paul asked “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” What is that finish line and that prize all about?
Thanksgiving Soul, Thanksgiving Life
Thankfulness is a matter of soul-transformation. We must become thankful people in Christ before we can truly give thanks. Colossians 3:15-17 has much power and life to stimulate just such a miraculous inside out change of being. Thanksgiving Life
2015 continuing Discipleshift
- Jan 11 & 25- 2 part message: To engage in the process of discipleship, one must first disengage from the hindrances and entanglements of lesser life. You engage in what you habitually look at. But fixing our eyes on Jesus, what does that process of engagement in discipleship look like? Disengage, then Engage! (2nd part) You were created in the image of God with incredible meaning and purpose. That purpose is intensely relational, intertwined in your relationship with God influencing your relationships with people. Being and making disciples is all about our love for God and people. Let’s get on with it! Let’s engage in the process of discpleship! Engage in the Process!
- Jan 18, 2015: How deep is your faith? Is it deep enough to reconcile your pain and confusion with the truth about the character and nature of God? Is God your best friend, or just an acquaintance? Depth
- Dec 28, 2014: What is the difference between a nominal Christian and a phenomenal Christian? You might be surprised with the bottom line, and it just might affect your resolve for the new year! Nominal to Phenomenal!
- What is a disciple anyway? Is there a definition that will both form us and inform us as to how we are living, and what we are trying to make as a church? What’s that?, part 1
- What is a disciple of Jesus Christ? Part 2… What’s that?, part 2
- Feb 1: To make disciples, we must love God and love people. Loving people requires a level of vulnerability that we are afraid to risk. How can we come out of hiding to be and make disciples as Jesus did and commanded? Hidden
- Feb 8: How do you engage in the process of loving people? Through GROUP and GIFTS. Love God, Love People, and Love Life! ENGAGE! G2 Thirst Quencher
- Feb 22: I propose that the way to love life is through sacrifice and service. When the world continually proclaims that the way to satisfaction is to promote and prop up yourself, why is sacrifice and service the real thing? Love Life:Sacrifice and Service
- Mar 1: If discipleship is about doing certain things, it is at risk of being ‘too easy’. But when we listen to the words of Jesus Himself… is it too hard? Too easy? Too hard? Engage: Too Easy, Too Hard
- Mar 8: There is no better explanation and inspiration of salvation than Jesus’ dialogue with Nicodemus in John 3. We all have been BITTEN and the poison of sin and death courses through every vein of our lives. Jesus is the anti-venom! Bitten!
- Mar 15: The certainty of salvation rests in the faithfulness of God’s. The assurance of salvation rests in your walk with God. Are you sure you are saved? Are You Sure?
- Mar 22: We often define morality by looking only at our actions. When we fail to peal back our actions and look deeper into our hearts, we miss the fullest depth, beauty, and power of the gospel. Desires underly our actions. What do you desire? What do you WANT? Wanting Eve
Easter Sunday – Resurrection Power
- Easter Sunday – Apr 5: The power that rose the dead body of the Lord Jesus to life again, is the same Spirit power at work within those who believe. Believe it! Resurrection Power
2013Remember: Memorial weekend (May 26th) – YouTube
- Remember – 2 Timothy 2:8
- Look and Remember to Trust – Numbers 15:39, Joshua 4:5
- Forgetting Your Identity
- Remember the Hope – Psalm 49:7, 2 Timothy 2:8
Remember Sacrifice….Remember Jesus ChristDeuteronomy 8:8-18 (ESV), Exodus 3:14, 15b (ESV), 1 Chronicles 16:10-12 (ESV)
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me. Luke 22:19